- Statistical Information
The provision of accurate and authoritative statistical information strengthens modern societies. It provides a basis for decisions to be made on such things as where to open schools and hospitals, how much money to spend on welfare payments and even which football players to replace at half-time
- Lincoln’s violation
President Lincoln issues a public declaration that an insurrection exists and calls for 75,000 militia to stop the rebellion. As a result of this call for volunteers, four additional southern states secede from the Union in the following weeks. Lincoln will respond on May 3 with an additional call for 43,000 volunteers to serve for three years, expanding the size of the Regular Army.
- Fast food
Hundreds of millions of American people eat fast food every day without giving it too much thought, unaware of the subtle and not so subtle ramifications of their purchases. They just grab their tray off the counter, find a table, take a seat, unwrap the paper, and dig in. The whole experience is transitory and soon forgotten.
- Australian English
Australians do speak English, however, for some tourists and travelers, it can be difficult to understand the slang. Also, the links between Australian and American English were seen to be very tenuous. At least some colloquialisms in Australian English does not exist in other types of English.
- The brain
The brain is divided into two hemispheres, called the left and right hemispheres. Each hemisphere provided a different set of functions, behaviours, and controls. The right hemisphere is often called the creative side of the brain, while the left hemisphere is the logical or analytical side of brain. The right hemisphere controlled the left parts of the body, and the left hemisphere controlled the right side.
- Electirc Car
First-year university students have designed and built a groundbreaking electric car that recharges itself. fifty students from the University of Sydney’s Faculty of Engineering spent five months working together bits of plywood, foam and fiberglass to build the ManGo concept car. They developed the spedifications and hand built the car. it’s a pretty radical design a four-whell drive with a motor in each wheel.
- No ordinary book
This book is no ordinary book and should not be read through from beginning to end. It contains many different adventures, and the path you take will depend on the choices you make along the way. The success or failure! of your mission will depend on the decisions you make, so think carefully before choosing.
- Lenient parents
Two sisters were at dinner party when the conversation turned to upbringing. The elder sister started to say that her parents had been very strict and that she had been rather frightened of them. Her sister, younger by two years, interrupted in amazement. “What are you talking about?” she said, “Our parents were very lenient”.
- MBA – Version 1
It isn’t rare for private equity houses to hire grads fresh out of business school, he said, but nice times out of ten, the students who nab these jobs are the ones who had private equity experience under their belt before even starting their MBA program.
- MBA – Version 2
Exhilarating, exhausting and intense, there are just some of the words used to describe doing an MBA, everyone’s experience of doing MBA is, of course, different through denying that it’s hard and demanding work whichever course you do. MBA is one of the fastest growing areas of studying in the UK so that must be a sustainable benefit against form in one pain.
- Solar Energy
Solar energy is an excellent source of supplying power to homes and companies and by utilizing solar power you’re not merely protecting the environment from becoming polluted but also you are saving the rest of the earth’s natural resources. Capturing solar energy does not contribute to any pollution and does not harm the atmosphere. One of the factors why many individuals are still hesitant to make use of solar power is because it is expensive. The need of big location of space is another reason why people aren’t taking into consideration solar power.
- Legal Writing
Legal writing is usually less discursive than writing in other humanities subjects, and precision is more important than variety. Sentence structure should not be too complex; it is usually unnecessary to make extensive use of adjectives or adverbs, and consistency of terms is often required.
The semiconductor industry has been able to improve the performance of electric systems for more than four decades by making ever-smaller devices. However, this approach will soon encounter both scientific and technical limits, which is why the industry is exploring a number of alternative device technologies.
- Sales down
Weakness in electronics, auto and gas station sales dragged down overall retail sales last month, but excluding those three categories, retailers enjoyed healthy increase across the board, according to government figures released Wednesday. Moreover, December sales numbers were also revised higher.
- Ignorance and Lethargy
In his landmark account, first published over twenty years ago, the author argues that the ignorance and lethargy of the poor are direct results of the whole situation of economic, social and political domination. By being kept in a situation in which critical awareness and response are practically impossible, the disadvantaged are kept ‘submerged’.
Long isolated from Western Europe, Russia grew up without participating in the development like the Reformation that many Europeans taking pride in their unique culture, find dubious value. Russia is, as a result, the most unusual member of European family, if indeed it is European at all. The question is still open to debate, particularly among Russians themselves.
Augustus was given the powers of an absolute monarch, but he presented himself as the preserver of republican traditions. He treated the Senate, or state council, with great respect, and was made Consul year after year. He successfully reduced the political power of the army by retiring many soldiers, but giving them land or money to keep their loyalty.
- Carbon Dioxide Emission
When countries assess their annual carbon dioxide emissions, they count up their cars and power stations, but bush fires are not included – presumably because they are deemed to be events beyond human control. In Australia, Victoria alone sees several hundred thousand hectares burn each year; in both 2004 and more recently, the figure has been over 1 million hectares.
- A ‘Flattening’ of the world
The beginning of the twenty-first century will be remembered, not for military conflicts or political events, but for a whole new age of globalization – a ‘flattening’ of the world. The explosion of advanced technologies now means that suddenly knowledge pools and resources have connected all over the planet, leveling the playing field as never before.
- Japanese tea ceremony
The Japanese tea ceremony is a ritual influenced by Buddhism in which green tea is prepared and served to a small group of guests in a peaceful setting. The ceremony can take as long as hours and there are many traditional gestures that both the server and the guest must perform.
- Productive Capacity
The core of the problem was the immense disparity between the country‘s productive capacity and the ability of people to consume. Great innovations in productive techniques during and after the war raised the output of industry beyond the purchasing capacity of U.S. farmers and wage earners.
- Incentive Pay Schemes
If bonus or incentive pay schemes work so well for chief executive and bankers, why does everyone not get them? After all, many jobs involve making important decisions or taking risks is there anything about corporate decision and financial risks that makes these categories of work special in terms of how they need to be incentivized and rewarded?
- Population Growth
How quickly is the world’s population growing? In the United States and other developed countries, the current growth rate is very low. In most developing countries, the human population is growing at a rate of 3 people per second. Because of this bustling growth rate, the human population is well on its way to reaching 9 billion within lifetime.
- Price on Carbon Emissions
This is what needs to happen on climate change: the world needs to put a price on carbon emissions and let the market respond. If politicians pretend this can be done without pain, it will probably result in another five to ten years of pretending to take action.
Although it hails from a remote region of the western Himalayas. This plant now looks entirely at home on the banks of English rivers. Brought to the UK in 1839, it quickly escaped from Victorian gardens and colonized river banks and damp woodlands. In the Himalayas the plant is held in check by various pests, but take these away and it grows and reproduces unhindered. Now it is spreading across Europe, New Zealand, Canada and the US.
- Industrial Revolution
As to the Industrial Revolution, one cannot dispute today the fact that it has succeeded in inaugurating in a number of countries a level of mass prosperity which was undreamt of in the days preceding the Industrial Revolution. But, on the immediate impact of Industrial Revolution, there were substantial divergences among writers.
The uniquely scented flavor of vanilla is second only to chocolate in popularity on the world’s palate. It’s also the second most expensive spice after saffron. But highly labor intensive cultivation methods and the plant’s temperamental life cycle and propagation mean production on a global scale is struggling to keep up with the increasing demand for the product.
This study tracked about 1,000 adults in the United States, and they ranged in age from 34 to 93, and they started the study by asking, ‘How much stress have you experienced in the last year?’ They also asked, ‘How much time have you spent helping out friends, neighbors, people in your community?’ And then they used public records for the next five years to find out who died.
- Major Breeding Areas
Major breeding areas, and breeding islands, are shown as dark green areas or darts. Open darts shown no-breeding records on islands, and are also used for offshore sightings, that is from ships or boats. Other areas where species is not meant to be seen are plain pale green, with pale green hatching were records are usually sparse.
- Diversity of Language
The diversity of human language may be compared to the diversity of the natural world. Just as the demise of plant spices reduces genetic diversity, and deprives humanity or potential medical and biological resources. So extinction of language takes with it a wealth of culture, art and knowledge.
- Living Room
Living room is the most used part that withholds most of the traffic coming in and out of the house. It is highly recommended that the flooring should be strong enough that it can endure all such amendments done with your furniture or to the increasing and decreasing ratio of visitors. For this purpose, you can opt for hardwood flooring. Being classy and sophisticated in look it is the perfect choice for your living room whenever you are remodeling your home.
- The Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon is 277 miles long, up to 18 miles wide and attains a depth of over a mile. While the specific geologic processes and timing that formed the Grand Canyon are the subject of debate by geologists, recent evidence suggests the Colorado River established its course through the canyon at least 17 million years ago.
- Global management
The one-year programme of the master in global management is designed only for those who have the graduate degree in the thesis, increasing temporary skill of new managers in an international capacity, something that recruiters are looking for more and more.
A young man from a small provincial town — a man without independent wealth, without powerful family connections and without a university education — moves to London in the late 1580‘s and, in a remarkably short time, becomes the greatest playwright not of his age alone but of all time. How was this achievement of magnitude made? How does Shakespeare become Shakespeare?
- Introvert and Extrovert
Introvert (or those of us with introverted tendencies) tends to recharge by spending time alone. They lose energy from being around people for long periods of time, particularly large crowed. Extroverts, on the other hand, gain energy from other people. Extroverts actually find their energy is sapped when they spend too much time alone. They recharge by being social.
- Teacher’s instruction
In classes, your teachers will talk about topics that you are studying. The information that they provide will be important to know when you take tests. You must be able to take good written notes from what your teacher say.
Tesla came over from Graz and went to work for Thomas Edison. Nonetheless Edison offered him a job, promising Tesla fifty thousand dollars if Tesla could redesign Edison’s breakdown-prone DC generator designs. The new generator designs were a vast improvement over Edison’s originals. Upon completing the job Tesla went to Edison to collect the $50,000 promised for the task. Tesla, Edison replied, you don’t understand our American humor. And Tesla was never paid.
Akimbo, this must be one of the odder-looking words in the language and puzzles us in part because it doesn’t seem to have any relatives, What’s more, it is now virtually a fossil word, until recently almost invariably found in arms akimbo, a posture in which a person stands with hands on hips and elbows sharply bent outward, one that signals impatience, hostility, or contempt.
Yellow is the most optimistic color, yet surprisingly, people lose their tempers most often in yellow rooms and babies cry more. The reason may be that yellow is the hardest color on the eye, so it can be overpowering if overused.
- Non-Material Culture
For the purposes of argument, culture is divided into material and non-material, and the speaker‘s aim is to show how they both affect each other. Material developments in tools and technology can affect non-material culture, our customs and beliefs, and the other way around. Genetics is used as an example as it has changed the way we think about life, but also our beliefs have affected its rate of development.
While blue is one of the most popular colors, it is one of the least appetizing. Blue food is rare in nature. Food researchers say that when humans searched for food, they learned to avoid toxic or spoiled objects, which were often blue, black or purple. When food dyed blue is served to study subjects, they lose appetite.
- Fiscal Year
At the beginning of each fiscal year funds are allocated to each State account in accordance with the University’s financial plan. Funds are allocated to each account by object of expenditure. Account managers are responsible for ensuring that adequate funds are available in the appropriate object before initiating transactions to use the funds.
Pluto lost its official status as a planet yesterday, when the international Astronomical Union downsized the solar system from nine to eight plants. Although there had been passionate debate at the General Assembly Meeting in Prague about the definition of a planet – and whether Pluto met the specifications – the audience greeted the decision to exclude it with applause.
Ever since I remembered, father woke up at five thirty every morning, made us all breakfast and read newspaper. After that he would go to work.
He worked as a writer. It was a long time before I realize he did this for a living.
Lincoln’s apparently radical change of mind about his war power to emancipate slaves was caused by the escalating scope of the war, which convinced him that any measure to weaken the Confederacy and strengthen the Union war effort was justifiable as a military necessity.
- Yellow Tulip
How do we imagine the unimaginable? If we’re asked to think of an object – say, a yellow tulip – a picture immediately forms in our mind’s eye. But what if we try to imagine a concept such as the square root of negative number?
- Number the beakers and put them away before tomorrow.
- Columbia is a world leading coffee exporter.
- Please explain what the author means by sustainability.
- She doesn’t care about anything but what is honest and true.
- The leading scientists speculate that numerous planets could support life forms.
- The theoretical proposal was challenged to grasp.
- The office opens on Mondays and Thursdays directly follow the freshman seminar.
- The library is located on the other side of the campus behind the student centre.
- Could you please pass the handouts to the students that are in your row?
- Number the bricks and put them away before tomorrow.
- The libirary is located on the other side of the campus behind the student center.
- Companies need to satisfy customers’ needs if they want to be successful.
- Student residents accommodation is very close to the academic building which is in a walking distance.
- Don’t forget to hand in your assignments by the end of next week.
- Rules of breaks and lunch time vary from one company to another.
- Your watches are fast, you need to reset it.
- Research has found that there is no correlation between diet and intelligence.
- Please carefully study the framework and complete the survey.
- It is clear that little accurate documentation is in support of this claim.
- Hemoglobin carries oxygen from lungs to other parts of the body.
- Half of the marks in mathematics are allocated to the correct working.
- Arts are always connected with political events and ideas of society.
- Would you pass me the book on the left-hand side?
- You can get a student card at the reception.
- I had a sandwich and milk for my breakfast.
- I always have one milk in my coffee in the morning.
- By clicking this button, you agree with the terms and conditions of this website.
- You must complete this chapter before going to the field trip.
- Care needs to be taken for vulnerable groups during the periods of turmoil.
- Being a vegan means not eating any other meat.
- Vessels carry blood from the heart to other part of the body.
- 5% of Californian residents didn’t speak English at home.
- Student loans are now available for international students.
- Answering this complex question with a simple yes or no is absolutely impossible.
- Most animals have triangular vocal cords, but the lion’s mighty pipes are square.
- There is limited funding in this department to support qualified students.
- The opposition has so far been unresponsive to our proposal.
- There is a pharmacy on campus near the store.
- I missed yesterday’s lecture. Can I borrow your notes?
- Basketball was created in 1891 by a physician and a physical instructor.
- The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy.
- He was not the only one to call for legal reform in the 16th century.
- Unfortunately, the two most interesting economic election clash on my time table.
- Put the knife and fork next to the spoon near the edge of the table.
- I would like cheese and tomato sandwiches on white bread with orange juice.
- To receive the reimbursement, you must keep the original receipts.
- Newspapers around the world are reporting stories of presidents.
- The first person in space was from the Soviet Union.
- He was constantly looking for ways to bring industry and agriculture together.
- A demonstrated ability to write clear, correct and concise English is bigotry.
- Due to rising demand for courses, the university should increase the staff, too.
- Globalization has been an overwhelming urban and urbanization phenomenon.
- Biographical information should be removed before the publication of the results.
- The seminar on writing skills has been canceled.
- The verdict depends on which side was more convincing/convicting to the jury.
- Green’s office has been moved to the second floor of the building.
- Mary felt happy when she learned the results of the election.
- I used to have a cup of coffee with one sugar.
- I will be in my office every Tuesday and Thursday.
- If you have problems, please contact your tutor.
- You come with me. The others stay here.
- I will be in my office every day from 11 to 12.
- I can’t attend the lecture because I have a doctor appointment.
- Residents hall is closed prior to the academic building closing time in the semester.
- On behalf of our department, I would like to thank you for your participation.
- Elephant is the largest land living mammal.
- The student welfare officer can help with questions about exam technique.
- Portfolio is due to the internal review office no later than Tuesday.
- You should include your name and identification number in the registration form.
- A computer virus destroyed all my files.
- The recent study has thrown out the validity of the argument.
- She has been in the library for a long time.
- There will be ample opportunities to ask questions about the presentation.
- Sport is the cause of traumatic brain injuries in the United States.
- Eating too much will do harm to your health.
- Students are so scared of writing essays because they have never learned how.
- Spiritualism is defined as a system of belief or religious practice.
- I’m glad you got here safely.
- The lecture tomorrow will discuss the educational policies in the United States.
- The Psychology Department is looking for volunteers to be involved in research projects.
- Make sure you correctly cite all your sources.
- Even with the permit, finding a parking spot on campus is still impossible.
- There are varying plagiarism across different university departments.
- She is an expert of the 18th century French literature.
- The course registration is open early March for new students.
- I used to have a cup of coffee with one sugar.
- Students should take advantages of the online resources/internet before attending the lecture.
- Conferences are always scheduled on the third Wednesday of the month.
- There is no entrance fee for tonight’s lecture.
- The result of the study will be published next month.
- Please register your student email account at your earliest convenience.
- The real reason for global hunger is not the lack of food, but poverty.
- Interpreters are not readily available in this department.
- The minimal mark for Distinction is no less than 75%.
- We are delighted to have professor Robert to join our faculty.
- Students can download the materials from the website.
- No more than four people can be in the lab at once.
- We are not going to accept the assignment after the due date on Friday.
- In Europe, the political pressure is similar regarding globalization.
- The wheelchair lift has been upgraded this month.
- The test selected materials from all chapters in this course this semester.
- We must hand in our assignments by the end of the week.
- Meeting with tutors/mentors could be arranged for students who need additional help.
- Most university teaching takes place in lectures and seminars.
- Physics is the subject of matters and energy.
- On this project, you will be asked to work as a group of three.
- I didn’t understand the author’s point of view on immigration.
- Reserved collection books can be borrowed up to three hours.
- The clear evidence between brain events and behavioral events is fascinating.
- It is important to take gender into account when discussing the figures.
- We should take gender into account when analyzing the data.
- A thorough bibliography is needed at the end of every assignment.
- A preliminary bibliography is due the week before the spring break.
- The context/contest includes both the land history and the human history.
- The original Olympic Games were celebrated as religious festivals.
- The first few sentences of an essay should capture the readers’ attention.
- If you forgot your student number, you should contact Jenny Brise.
- Meteorology is a detailed study of earth’s atmosphere.
- Please finish all the reading chapters before the field trip.
- As for me, it is a strategy to go to judicial review.
- All the assignments must be submitted by the end of this week.
- The college welcomes students from all over the world.
- The glass is not the real solid, because it doesn’t have crystal structure.
- We must put great care when analyzing data.
- You should raise your concern with the head of school.
- Could you pass the material to students that are in your row?
- I didn’t attend yesterday’s lecture. Can I borrow your notes?
- The lecture theatre one is located on the ground floor of the Pack Building.
- Any text or references you make should be cited appropriately in the footnotes.
- Students will not be given credits for assignments submitted after the due date.
- Tomorrow’s lunch time seminar on nuclear engineering has been postponed.
- If you want to receive the reimbursement, you must submit the original receipts.
click link to download Describe image files
|Where does a camel normally live?||Desert|
|What is the opposite to “perdecessor”?||Successor|
|What material is the tire made of?||Rubber|
|The name of the building where you can borrow books?||Library|
|How many days are there in February during a leap year?||29 days|
|Oral English is different from academic English, which is the best term to describe academic English: tolerant or|
|What is the point between your shoulder and your forearm?||Elbow|
|Which one is easier to recycle? Plastic or paper||Paper|
|What publication reports daily news?||Newspaper|
|What is paper made from?||Tree/Wood|
|What is the mountain with the possibility of explosion?||Volcano|
|What do you use to test the body temperature?||Thermometer|
|What will snow become after it’s melt?||Water|
|What is the table that lists chemical elements in order of atomic numbers in rows and columns?||Periodic Table of Elements|
|What is the source of solar energy?||The Sun|
|Which part of your leg can be possibly bend?||Knee|
|What do we call the thread in the center of a candle?||Wick|
|Which one is not mythological animal? Unicorn, giraffe, dragon or mermaid?||Giraffe|
|What attitude would you have when you are in a job interview, enthusiastic or passive?||Enthusiastic|
|What do you call an equipment we use to look at stars?||Telescope|
|What is the big musical instrument that has 99 black and white keys?||Piano|
|What is the day when someone is born?||Birthday|
|How would you call people who study ancient bones, rocks and plants?||Archaeologist|
|Do unions work for workers or management?||Workers|
|Which one would you use to describe the desert, humidity or aridity?||Aridity|
|How would you call someone who likes to drink heavily every day?||Alcoholic|
|What’s the opposite of maximize?||Minimize|
|What is the material that we use to stick two things together?||Glue|
|What does it mean by “fortnight”||14 days|
|What is the book with map?||Atlas|
|In which subject would you learn gravity? Physics or chemistry?||Physics|
|What system does the earth belong to ?||Solar system|
|In the word ‘postgraduate’, what does ‘post’ mean?||After|
|What is the opposite of positive?||Negative|
|When you create a table, the data in horizontal dimension is organized in rows and the data in vertical dimension|
|is organized in what?||Columns|
|If a species is described as venomous, what substance it has?||Toxin|
|What is the shape of an egg?||Oval|
|Under which circumstance would you describe the economy as a good one, the one with high unemployment or|
|low unemployment?||Low unemployment|
|What natural resource is used by a carpenter?||Wood|
|If you are happy with an agreement, what would you like to put at the bottom of the contract with the date?||Signature|
|How many hemisphere does the equator split the earth into?||Two|
|How many times in a year is an annual conference held?||Once a year|
|In mathematics and arithmetic, there are addition, multiplication, division. What is the other one?||Subtraction|
|Which one is a past tense: “has gone”, ”went”, or ”going”||Went|
|What is the most catching line of the newspaper?||Headline|
|An adjective to describe the creatures that no longer exist||Extinct|
|Which one is not a mammal: elephant, kangaroo, butterfly or dolphin?||Butterfly|
|How do you call the bones that are broken, fracture or ______?||Fracture|
|Which one can be put into a backpack, a book or a table?||A book|
|What do ornithologists study, humans, birds or machines?||Birds|
|What instrument do you use when long-distance learning||Computer|
|If you have a toothache, who would you go to a person who studies teeth||Dentist|
|What is the strings on shoes?||Shoelace|
|How do we call a person who work in the company?||An employee|
|What does an altitude measure?||Height.|
|What do we call a festival which is held every four years gathering people together as a sporting event?||Olympics|
|To which of our sense do all of the following words relate: rough, smooth … ?||Touch|
|Which sport is more dangerous, parachuting or long distant running?||Parachuting|
|What type of food does a vegetarian eat, beef pie or fruit salad?||Fruit Salad|
|What do humans and animals need to inhale for survival?||Oxygen|
|Which day is between Tuesday and Thursday?||Wednesday|
|Which part of body do optometrists examine?||Eyes|
|What can bring astronauts to space?||spacecraft|
|Apart from addition, subtraction, and multiplication, what is the other mathematical calculation method?||Division|
|How many years are there in a decade?||10 years|
|How much per cent is there quarters/||75%|
|Some calendars begin the week on Sunday, what is the other day which commonly starts a week?||Monday|
|What are the things that you touch with you left hand when you play a guitar?||Strings|
|What is the opposite to convex?||Concave|
|Where is the “Power” button on the remote control?||Upper right/Upper left|
|Which one has a smoother surface?||Coke|
|How do you describe the movements of this animal? Pounce stretch or flap?||Flap|
|What does this symbol stand for？||Copyright|
What is this animal, a reptile or a mammal?